BitHack is open for mobile, web, and desktop platforms so pick your favorite and start building. Here's how you get started:
- Sign Up for the BitHack.
- Start building. Coinbase API is a good place to start.
- Submit the app by 19 May 11:59 pm PST.
- Stay tuned for announcements!
The top 5 apps will be rewarded with bitcoin. Apps are judged based on creativity, usability and execution.Good luck!
Follow these carefully
All eligible apps submitted by 19 May 2015 by 11:59 pm PST will be reviewed.
Rules & Terms
- Participants must register with a valid name and email address
- Participants may take part individually or as a team.
- Only working applications are eligible, no prototypes.
- Each Participant is eligible to receive only one prize, whether individually or as a group
- Only unpublished new apps are eligible.
- Coinbase employees and their immediate families cannot participate.
- By submitting your app, you agree to the terms and conditions.
How will my app be judged?
1) Creativity: Find A New Use Case.
Don't just create another wallet (unless it has a new twist!) We want to see apps which make bitcoin easy to use, and show off new use cases which aren't possible with existing payment methods.
2) Usefulness: Make Bitcoin Easy To Use.
We're looking for apps that make bitcoin more approachable for a mainstream audience. How can bitcoin go viral, or reach 100M new people in the coming years?
3) Execution: Pay attention to details and functionality.
We're looking for apps that work well. It should be clear that you care about providing a good user experience, but we're not requiring polish or perfection.
What should I build?
Build an app that offers unique value to your users. Your app can be bitcoin-focused, or it can use bitcoin technology in the background to power the user experience. At a minimum, bitcoin and/or blockchain technology should be an essential part of your application, but your app is not required to be a payment application per se. Your app may be consumer or business focused (or both). For more ideas on what to build, please see this blog post.
$70,000 worth of prizes
Prizes = bitcoin, plus one accelerator slot.
Out of all the apps submitted, the best five will be rewarded with bitcoin, and one winner will receive an appointment to an upcoming BoostVC bitcoin accelerator class, which includes seed funding, housing, mentorship and more - valued at $50,000.
Here are the BTC prizes:
- 1st Prize: $10,000 worth* of bitcoin
- 2nd Prize: $5,000 worth* of bitcoin
- 3rd Prize: $3,000 worth* of bitcoin
- 4th Prize: $1,500 worth* of bitcoin
- 5th Prize: $500 worth* of bitcoin
* As valued on date of announcement.